- Waste not, want not. I wanted a great home for leftover cardstock so that I do not have to dig aimlessly for when the need arises, wasting time and effort. I got my label maker and made tags (I wish this was a clear label) by punching a square scallop for each color of SU! cardstock. Now it's not so messy.
- Visualize your plan. If you can't already tell, I'm a visual person. In cardspeak, that means I have to be able to see what best colors my card would look like. The Color Coach that SU! sells is perfect for this (which I may end up getting). Until then, I created my own color swatch from leftover scraps I had. I made 3x3 squares, punched a hole in the corner and bound them in white organza ribbon. Now, visualizing my next card just got a tad easier.
- Know thy clear block. Now that I have a home for my clear mounts, it doesn't help that I don't remember their label name or size. I took the original label that they came in and stuck them in the caddy! Referencing the right mount with the stamp just got simpler.
- What's in your closet? For this, I commissioned the help of my most esteemed colleague for a cool summer project, my daughter. She took an inventory of my stamp sets and typed them up for me. It took her two weeks to finish (due to subsequent firing and rehiring following a renegotiation of contract). Hehe. I took this list and made a board on Pinterest and a .pdf version so I have access to them all the time.
Now onto the good stuff...my pre-order from the Holiday Catalog came and I have had a chance to play. In fact, here's a sneak peek of what we will be playing on Sunday. Notice anything new you might like??
The Annual Stampin' Up! Convention just wrapped up today. My upline, Angie, has been updating us with highlights and upcoming products. I cannot wait to try them. Here's a taste of what Convention 2013 was like and all the upcoming goodies that are in store for us.
One more thing...I wanted to cheer myself up for having missed Convention due to schedule conflicts (though I couldn't fathom attending in my prior life; it looked overwhelming!). Now I know I could have had so much fun with Angie and Kalyn so I'll make sure to make it there next year. When I first saw this stamp set, I knew what I wanted to do with it. When I got it, my plan sort of went off tangent. Nonetheless, I chugged along and I am pretty happy with the final outcome. It made me smile. The techniques used here are brayering and masking.
Wonderful Words II (retired)
Staz-on black ink (for main image and sentiment)
Oval punch (mask for the setting sun)
White gel pen
Also note that I tried to make this card multiple times. I ended up using as a mat one of the failed versions. Good use of scrap!